- Chocolate and Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache That Wouldn't Go Away, by Jennette Fulda (print)
- Damaged, by H.M. Ward (print)
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain (audiobook … Continue Reading ››
- Exile’s Song (A Novel of Darkover), by Marion Zimmer Bradley (ebook)
- We All Fall Down, by Nic Sheff (audiobook read by Charles Carroll)
- Darkover Landfall, by Marion Zimmer Bradley (print)
- Excuses Begone!: lectures, by Wayne Dyer (audiobook)
- Living Well, Dying Well: lecture, by Sogyal Rinpoche (audiobook)
- Caliban’s War, by James S.A. Corey (print)
- Pines, by Blake Crouch … Continue Reading ››
- I’m still having headaches; today is day 162. The MRI at least confirms that the pain is real.
- I have been offered no relief for the pain.
- Doctors should treat the patient, not the results of this or that specific test while throwing everything else into someone else’s court.
- I’m more likely to follow the guidance of the dysautonomia specialist … Continue Reading ››
One of the cool—and unexpected—results of writing the Valhalla series is that readers and writer friends frequently send me Viking-related photos and news articles of interest. To share my good fortune, here is a sampling of what has been sent my way of late:
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo (ebook)
- Lopsided: How Having Breast Cancer Can Be Really Distracting, by Meredith Norton (audiobook read by Carrington MacDuffie)
- The Reluctant Psychic, by Suzan Saxman with Perdita Finn (print)
- Leviathan Wakes, by James S.A. Corey (print)
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, by Caitlin Doughty (print)
- Into the Wild, by Jon Krakauer … Continue Reading ››
My website was hacked. Please bear with me while I change all my passwords, restore my database, and reconfigure my WordPress theme. Even with regular backups, there have already been a few glitches along the way. This may take a while.
Sorry about this, folks. I appreciate your patience.