I’ve been starting a lot of books and then putting them down within the space of a few chapters. I didn’t use to consign so many books to the DNF pile. Maybe it’s the summer heat (or illness and pain) making me irritable, or maybe I’m becoming more discernible and more protective of my time. Either way, I’m completing fewer books as a reader each month.
Here’s last month’s list of books I finished reading. One was purely to satisfy professional curiosity. One was almost entirely for fun. One was an interlibrary loan. One was a Kindle pre-order. One was recommended by a friend. Two were a joy to read, and three I stuck with even when I wanted to put them down—and for one of those, I was glad in the end that I kept turning the pages.
What’s been on your summer reading list?
- Hidden Bodies, by Caroline Kepnes (print)
- On What Grounds, by Cleo Coyle (ebook and print)
- Moon Bound (The Reluctant Werewolf Chronicles, book 3), by Tori Centanni (ebook)
- Create Stunning Journals & Notebooks Using Canva and Createspace, by Sarah Lentz (print)
- Secondhand Spirits, by Juliet Blackwell (print)