Howdy! I’m Jennifer.
This page doubles as a bio and the beginnings of a press kit.
I’m a writer and editor in Portland, Oregon. In non-fiction, I specialize in topics related to living, spirituality/religion, sustainability, and health. My articles have appeared in The Oregonian, The Christian Science Monitor, Salon,The Portland Tribune, The Writer, The Lund Report, Ancestry Magazine, Aish.com, Vegetarian Times, Spirituality & Health, and other print and online publications at home and across the globe.
In fiction, I focus on urban fantasy and playful mayhem. My print titles and e-books are available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, iBookstore, Google Play, and local bookstores.
I am a member of the Northwest Independent Writers Association. I am the editor of the 2015 NIWA Anthology, having served as the editor of the 2014 NIWA Anthology and also as the 2013 Director of NIWA’s Seal of Quality (NSQ) program.
In a former life as a corporate and technical writer I put in time in IT, public health, financial management, software and web development, non-profit, and general business environments and produced all sorts of pretty things, including business plans, investor proposals, user guides, policy and procedures manuals, legal guidebooks, marketing letters, websites (content and coding), press releases, presentation materials, and newsletters.
Awards and Fellowships
- NIWA’s inaugural Adam Copeland Award, 2014.
- International Reporting Project fellow, 2011.
- Launch Pad Astronomy Workshop for Writers participant, 2011.
Events: Presenter and Panelist
- Orycon 37: panelist, 2015.
- Orycon 36: panelist, 2014.
- NIWA Symposium on Independent Publishing: presenter, 2014.
- Duke University: A.B., Religion, cum laude.
- University of Southern California: George Lucas Film School certificate program.
- Center for Creative Leadership: Leadership Development Program.
- The New Seminary: interfaith ordinand (M.Div. equivalent).
- University of Metaphysical Sciences: B.Msc., M.Sc. (ABD), Ph.D (ABD).